By Deb Shrider
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY FACILITATOR
The eight-month intensive training program that began in September 2018 culminated with a trip to Sacramento on May 1 for C.A.R.’s 47th Annual Legislative Day.
June 11 was graduation day for the Orange County REALTORS® Third Annual Leadership Academy. On that day, the eighteen applicants who were accepted as program cadets in September 2018 received certificates indicating they had satisfactorily completed the intensive eight-month training program that culminated with a trip to Sacramento on May 1 for the 47th Annual California Association of REALTORS® Legislative Day.
Tammy Newland-Shishido, 2018–19 academy chair and a former President of Orange County REALTORS® , said, “It is the goal of the academy to give participants the confidence to embrace the responsibility to serve as a leader in both the real estate industry and the community.”
She added, “Several of our alumni and participants have already stepped up to leadership roles not only within Orange County REALTORS® but also at the state level of other real estate industry associations, including the Women’s Council of REALTORS® (WCR), the Orange County Chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP), the Asian American Real Estate Association (AAREA), and the Young Professionals Network (YPN).”
“We are proud to acknowledge our Leadership Academy graduates,” said Matt Clements, 2019 President of Orange County REALTORS®. “They have completed the program and have made a legislative visit to the State Capitol. Some have already accepted leadership roles within our Association, and our Credentials Committee approved applications from six graduates to be candidates during the recent election for the Association’s 2020–2022 Board of Directors.”
The Leadership Adademy graduates are
- Bryan Ahn, JP Morgan Chase;
- Duane Beisner, Coldwell Banker/Laguna Beach;
- Patty Carpenter, Wells Fargo Private Mortgage Bank;
- Melissa Chelius, Homes Sold Right;
- Sara Cramer, Realty One Group Inc.;
- Christina Fu, Christina Fu Broker;
- Ava Huang, Keller Williams/Irvine;
- Gerald Koller, International Home Realty;
- Vi Mai, The Elizabeth Do Team Keller Williams Realty;
- Kathy Manes-Smith, Compass/Uhrik Group;
- Chip McAllister, Chip McAllister–McAllister Real Estate Group/Coldwell Banker;
- Moe McGrath, Zutila Real Estate;
- Rana Mohiuddin, Four Brothers Real Estate;
- Lorette Murphree, SoCalDWELL;
- Sarah Piazza, HomeSmart Evergreen Realty;
- Joseph Pierce, Iron Key Escrow;
- Jay Ramos-Co, Coldwell Banker/Mission Viejo;
- Colleen Trujillo, Coast to Canyon Real Estate; and
- Corvi Urling, loanDepot.
Orange County REALTORS® CEO Dave Stefanides said he is delighted that so many of the Academy graduates have already demonstrated their willingness to serve the real estate industry and their communities in a wide variety of leadership roles.
The 2019–20 Leadership Academy begins in September. For more information, visit www.ocar.org/leadership-academy or call 949-586-6800.