The California Association of REALTORS®’ (C.A.R.) form RPA-CA is the foundation of every successful real estate transaction, and as such, agents and brokers should be extremely well-versed with its features and related forms.
- Prepare and respond to an offer made using the RPA-CA
- Understand mandatory and recommended disclosures
- Learn how to create, modify, cancel, or close a transaction
Option 1: Live with Materials ($55 for Members, $80 for Nonmembers)
- Instruction by C.A.R. Assistant General Counsel, Gov Hutchinson
- Course price includes the “Your Guide to the California Residential Purchase Agreement (RPA‐CA) and Related Forms” publication. This publication will be provided to you on the day of the course.
- No continuing credits will be offered
- Please bring a Government‐Issued ID card with picture (Driver’s License / Passport)
- Must be on time. No late entries permitted after class has begun per CalBRE rules.
Gov Hutchinson joined C.A.R. in 1985 and manages C.A.R.’s Member Legal Services Program. He advises REALTORS® on all aspects of real estate law through the Legal Hotline, and he trains and supervises other Hotline attorneys. Gov received his Bachelor’s Degree from Princeton University and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania.
- May 23 in Laguna Hills: 8:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- June 6 in Laguna Hills: 8:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- August 28 in Laguna Hills: 8:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- October 31 in Laguna Hills: 8:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
Option 2: Live without Materials (FREE for Members, $25 for Nonmembers)
- Instruction by C.A.R. Master Instructor Joel Carlson
- Free course instruction, no continuing credits will be offered
- It’s recommended that students bring with them a copy of the RPA for note-taking purposes
- Students may purchase C.A.R.’s “Your Guide to the Residential Purchase Agreement and Related Forms” publication at OCAR’s store. An eBook option is available via iTunes. This book is not provided with your registration and is not required
Joel Carlson is a C.A.R. master instructor and a designated Instructor for the National Association of REALTORS®. A licensee since 1976, and a broker since 1980, Joel also holds a lifetime community college teaching credential and has taught real estate to aspiring REALTORS® in many settings. He holds the Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation.