By Matt Clements
2019 PRESIDENT, ORANGE COUNTY REALTORS®
It’s July. We are more than halfway through the year. Are you on target to reach your sales and income goals?
I have a two-year-old. He’s the best negotiator I’ve ever met.
I’m a sucker when he asks for anything. His assumptive language, his genuine smile, his skill of asking specifically for the business, and oh, that sweet, sweet charm!
Noah makes it nearly impossible to say no to his prospecting, even for ice cream pops!
Here we are in July. It’s that time of year. Are you clear on your why? Have you earned 60 percent of your annual income for 2019? You likely have.
I’m asking you: Are you prospecting and asking the right questions?
- How soon do you need to move in?
- Are you preapproved for a loan or would you like a referral?
- Do you have a home you need to sell first, in order to buy?
- What are you specifically looking for—in a REALTOR®—like me?
- If we list and sell your home, where are you moving to?
- How soon would you like to be there?
- Do you know your home’s value today?
- Is there any mortgage information that I should be aware of?
These are great leading questions. You can learn these and other similar questions by attending a class, one of more than four hundred classes that Orange County REALTORS® is offering this year.
Or do you attend the Young Professionals Network (YPN) events and ask your colleagues these questions? They will tell you what they do!
We’ve created a culture of family and sharing. That’s what we do. We help each other become better.
Have you hit your mid-year goals yet? Do you need to revisit your vision statement for the year? What is your why and why do you work?
Answer these key questions and you’ll be well on the way to your best year ever!