A real estate professional, who is well-versed in probate, conservatorships, and trusts, can be an indispensible resource to those who are dealing with the loss of a loved one and their estate. This course will provide an overview of probate fundamentals for REALTORS® and investors and will discuss the probate sale process.
What you’ll learn:
- Probate court confirmation and the overbidding process
- How to protect and maximize your probate commission
- Appraising the probate home
- When and how to sell real estate under a conservatorship and living trust
- Differences between a revocable vs. irrevocable trust
- How to avoid property tax reassessment upon death of the property owner
- How to avoid capital tax gains by vesting title properly
- Could the state take my home if I go on Medi-Cal?
Paul Horn is a California probate attorney, Certified Public Accountant, and real estate educator with more than 20 years of combined experience. Paul's practice areas include all aspects of probate, living trusts, trust administration, conservatorship, and bankruptcy. www.LearnProbate.com
Cost: Members: $15