If accepted to the Academy you will...
- Develop specific skills to achieve effectiveness in leadership, business and life.
- Enjoy interactive & transformative personal development training.
- Develop the confidence to embrace the responsibility and rewards of Leadership
- Cultivate and develop your personal leadership style
- Meet legislators and promote homeownership at C.A.R.’s Legislative Day in Sacramento
Deadline to apply: July 16, 2018 by 5:00 PM
If you are selected to participate, the cost to attend the Orange County REALTORS Leadership Academy is a $197 contribution to the REALTOR Action Fund, plus $100 for members of the Orange County REALTORS, and $500 for non-members. Payment* is due before the first module on September 11, 2018. *The $197 RAF contribution must be made before January 8, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
The mission of the Orange County REALTORS® Leadership Academy is to help participants develop specific skills and perspective to achieve effectiveness in leadership, business and life; and to develop the confidence to embrace the responsibility to serve as a leader in the real estate industry and the community.
How can I apply?
Click here to access the Application Form.
Who's eligible to apply?
REALTORS and Affiliate members, of the Orange County REALTORS® who are current members in good standing. Members of other real estate related associations and organizations may also apply, but if selected will be subject to the non-member rate to attend.
What is the deadline?
Applications must be submitted by Monday, July 16 at 5 pm.
What can I expect from the program?
The Orange County REALTORS® Leadership Academy offers participants and graduates an opportunity to meet other motivated leaders and to share an intensive learning experience that focuses on leadership skills, team, professional, and personal development.
Participants will learn about the major components of Association Management, the vital role of the Director and Leadership strategies by lectures, hands-on workshops, guest speakers, assessments, and interactive activities and discussions. The Academy culminates with a trip to C.A.R.’s Legislative Day in Sacramento.
What is the Selection Process?
The Leadership Development Committee will review all applications that are submitted by the deadline. Due to space limitations, not all eligible applicants are guaranteed acceptance into the program. Up to eighteen (18) REALTOR® applicants and up to two (2) Affiliate applicants for a maximum of twenty (20) participants will be selected to participate.
- Must have a sincere commitment and motivation, to serve the community, industry, and Orange County REALTORS®.
- Must understand a leadership position is not only a privilege but also a responsibility.
- Must have a servant’s heart and be willing to sacrifice time and energy to better an organization or the community.
- Must have demonstrated a commitment to involvement in community, association and industry activities.
- Must have the intent to seek positions on boards, commissions, or leadership roles in the community, industry organizations, and Orange County REALTORS®.
- Must commit the time and energy required to complete the entire program including homework, attendance at a class, event and committee meeting, and respond promptly to surveys and information requests.
- Member applicants must maintain their Orange County REALTORS® or Affiliate membership during the program.
- Must complete and sign an agreement outlining responsibilities and commitment as a Leadership Academy member, and also a Confidential Information Agreement if accepted as a participant of the 2018-2019 Academy.
- Resumes may also be submitted, but cannot be substituted instead of a completed application.
- Completion of the Leadership Academy does not guarantee a leadership position within Orange County REALTORS® or any other organization.
An e-mail acknowledgment sent to the address listed in the application will confirm receipt of the submitted form. A second email will be sent if the application is incomplete or missing information.
How and when will I be notified of the Selection Committee's decision?
All applicants will be notified of their status via e-mail or phone on Monday, July 23, 2018.
Is there a fee for the program?
Yes, if you are selected to participate, the cost to attend the Orange County REALTORS® Leadership Academy is a $197** contribution to the REALTOR® Action Fund, plus $100* for members of the Orange County REALTORS®, and $500* for non-members. *Payment is due before the first module on September 11, 2018. **The $197 RAF contribution must be made before January 8, 2019.
If selected, do I have to attend all sessions?
For a participant to graduate from the Leadership Academy, they are expected to commit to attending ALL sessions. In extenuating circumstances, a written excused absence for one class only will be considered for an excused absence by class facilitators. NOTE: Failure to complete the Academy requirements may affect your ability to graduate and eligibility as a candidate for the Orange County REALTORS® Board of Directors.
2018-2019 Orange County REALTORS® Leadership Academy Schedule:
- LH September 11, 2018 - Orientation/Leadership Qualities
- FV October 9, 2018 - Why REALTOR®? Assoc. Management & Budget
- LH November 13, 2018 - Governance/Bylaws/Committees
- FV December 11, 2018 - Organizational Leadership
- LH January 8, 2019 - Personal Leadership Development
- FV February 12, 2019 - Personal Branding/Social Networks
- LH March 12, 2019 - Association Benefits and ‘Businesses.’
- FV April 9, 2019 - Gov. Affairs/Advocacy/How to Campaign
- May 1-2, 2019 - C.A.R. Legislative Day - Sacramento
- June, 2019 - Graduation Party – location TBD
Locations and time of Academy Modules:
Modules are scheduled on the second Tuesday of every month from 11:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M., alternating between the Laguna Hills (25552 La Paz Road,) and Fountain Valley (10540 Talbert Avenue) office locations of Orange County REALTORS®. Locations are subject to change. C.A.R. Legislative Day is held in Sacramento, Ca.
Contact: Sandra Lopez, Director of Member Services and Staff Relations. firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-586.6800 Ext. 135.