April is Earthquake Preparedness Month
This is a great opportunity to discuss preparedness with your clients and prospects--let your "farm" know how to get ready for an earthquake.
The American Red Cross has a checklist (in both English and Spanish) to get you started. Download it here.
Other items to consider when preparing your home and family (source: "Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country"):
- Identify potential hazards in your home and begin to fix them
- Create a disaster-preparedness plan
- Create disaster kits
- Identify your building's potential weaknesses and begin to fix them
- Protect yourself during earthquake shaking
- After the quake, check for injuries and damage
- When safe, continue to follow your disaster-preparedness plan
Last modified on