By Craig Borner
2017 OCR President
Orange County REALTORS® have the power and influence to initiate important changes and invite you to play an active role in this exciting process.
Greetings, fellow REALTORS®, and thank you for your continued membership in the Orange County REALTORS® (OCR)!
During my installation as your 2017 President, I outlined a number of goals for our Association in the coming year. First and foremost is to expand the amazing services we already provide our members. From a survey we conducted of our morethan 12,000 members this past year, I was shocked to learn how many are unaware of the free educational and training programs and other member benefits we offer every month at our Laguna Hills and Fountain Valley offices.
Whether you’re a brand-new licensee or an experienced REALTOR®, we want to help you succeed in this ever-changing business and strive to provide the latest tools to accomplish that goal, so I challenge you to answer the following questions:
- When was the last time you read every page and link on our official OCR website, as well as on the websites of the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) and the National Association of REALTORS® (N.A.R.)? It could be the best two hours you spend to increase your success!
- When was the last time you read our N.A.R. Code of Ethics?
- When was the last time you read our bimonthly OC REALTOR® magazine from cover to cover?
- Do you read our periodic What’s Up emails or simply delete them?
- Have you considered getting involved in any of our various OCR committees? We have nineteen committees that address a wide range of real estate interests, and we encourage your participation.