This course is designed to teach the real estate investor and real estate agent how to properly structure a tax deferred exchange. Each of the important tax laws that affect acquisition, operation, recapture, and sale versus exchange will be covered in detail. Students are shown how to capitalize on the loopholes and avoid the traps.
- Learn the basic requirements for conducting a 1031 Exchange: which properties qualify how to defer 100% of tax liability, timelines and identification rules.
- Understand how to avoid the loopholes and avoid IRS red flats!
- Master advanced concepts for possible complete tax avoidance with strategies like converting a rental property into a primary residence.
- Increase your business by establishing yourself as a 1031 Exchange expert.
- Help clients diversify their real estate portfolios using the 1031 Exchange to buy different asset classes or in different geographies.
- Understand when a Reverse or Construction Exchange might be an option for your client.
Instructor: Leonard Spoto
- April 17 in Laguna Hills: 9:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
- July 11 in Fountain Valley: 9:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
- August 23 in Laguna Hills: 1:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
- October 15 in Fountain Valley: 9:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
Non-Members: Contact OCR’s Education Department