Our work is based on five key principles:
Housing – Providing housing opportunities for all
Ownership – Protecting property owners and encouraging homeownership
Means – Ensuring economic, community, and family vitality
Environment – Preserving our local environment
OCAR’s Government Affairs Team:
- Supports candidates in local government elections who understand your business concerns and needs.
- Supports the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) in their efforts to pass legislation that is: REALTOR®-friendly, protects private property rights, supports homeownership, and promotes an economic environment in which businesses and the real estate industry can thrive (and to oppose legislation that does not accomplish these aims).
- Keeps you informed of pending real estate-related legislation and regulatory changes that impact your business.
- Keep OCAR members informed about pending real estate-related legislation and regulatory changes that impact their business.
- Educates you about how to become involved in the political process when it comes to critical legislative initiatives that affect you and your clients.
Community Engagement and Housing Opportunities
In addition to its engagement in the political process, a major role of the Government Affairs Team is to forge partnerships with local organizations and support programs and that have the potential to expand housing opportunities and build stronger communities in Orange County.